What is pad?

pad has been set up to help you find a suitable and secure place in which to live, in good and tenantable condition, and ensure that you enjoy the student experience. Read more...

Request property updates

Search Properties

Property Search

Choose a topic to find out more about how pad can help landlords and students:

Email alerts
Accommodation types
Landlord information
Glasgow postcode guide
University contacts

Get details of new properties emailed directly as they get added on a daily or weekly basis. Subscribe here.

Email alerts are a future development. You will be able to sign up to them here.


These are some of the main types of accommodation you will find in the private sector:

Room in a Flat
This is different from a bedsit in that there may be a separate lounge within the flat. This is popular option is often advertised by a student or single person owning a flat or a group of students who have taken on a flat and have a spare room.
Self-Contained furnished flats
These are flats or houses with one or more bedrooms where you will be expected to sign a lease for the entire property rather than a room within it. This option is popular with groups of students who wish to live together. While these flats are furnished you will often be expected to provide your own bed linen, crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils.
A bedsit is a room which provides sleeping and living/study space and occasionally a cooking area. The bathroom (and often the kitchen) is shared with other tenants and may well be cleaned by the landlord.
Room in the landlords home
Families or single persons sometimes let a vacant room in their home to students. Meals may be provided, or alternatively you may be given access to cooking facilities. An advantage for international students is the opportunity to improve one's English and become part of a family. Some may find this arrangement gives them less independence.


If you are a registerd landlord offering property in the Glasgow area and want to use PAD to advertise to students it is free to register and list properties. The site is visible to anyone; you can check a viewer is a student by asking to see their student card.  

Please read the information for landlords for further details and register to begin.
Landlord Responsibilities Register for free




This guide will allow you to see what post codes fit within each of the various regions of Glasgow. Each property listing is marked with one of these regions to make it easier for you to narrow your search:

City Centre
  • G1 Merchant City, Argyle Street
  • G2 Charing Cross
  • G3 Finnieston, Garnethill, Woodlands
  • G4 Cowcaddens, St. Georges Cross
  • G5 Kingston
West End
  • G11 Partick, Thornwood
  • G12 Hyndland, Hillhead
  • G13 Jordanhill, Knightswood
  • G14 Scotstoun, Whiteinch
  • G20 North Kelvinside
  • G60 Old Kilpatrick
  • G81 Clydebank
  • G84 Helensburgh
East End
South Side
  • G41 Pollokshields, Shawlands
  • G42 Govanhill, Mount Florida
  • G43 Pollokshaws
  • G44 Cathcart
  • G46 Giffnock
  • G51 Kinning Park, Ibrox
  • G52 Cardonald
  • G53 Crookston
  • G57 Ibrox
  • G71 Uddingston
  • G72 Cambuslang, Blantyre
  • G73 Rutherglen
  • G76 Clarkston
  • G77 Newton Mearns
  • G78 Neilston


PAD is supported by several Glasgow based universities and colleges. Please find their contact information below:

Glasgow Caledonian University
 0141 331 3980
Glasgow School of Art
 0141 566 1138
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland

The International and Student Experience Team, Academic Administration and Support, 100 Renfrew Street, Glasgow, G2 3DB

 0141 270 8223
University of Glasgow

Accommodation Services, Tay House

330 Bath St

Glasgow, G3 4GZ

 0141 330 4544
University of Strathclyde

Accommodation Office, Lord Todd Building, Weaver Street, Glasgow, G4 0NG

 0141 548 3453

Flat Hunting

It is unlikely you will find something suitable immediately and we therefore advise you to allow plenty of time to look around. There can be a shortage of good accommodation as students start 'flat hunting' before the start of a new session, in direct competition with every other student as well as the general public.  

Learn More

Landlord Responsibilities


From 1 May 2006, as part of a Scotland-wide scheme, all private landlords with properties in Glasgow and their agents must be registered with Glasgow City Council, along with details of the properties they let.  

Landlord Responsibilities
Pad landlord user guide

The Accommodation Officer at your University or College will be pleased to receive feedback on your experiences in the private rented sector.